September will give both medical marijuana patients and advocates plenty of opportunities for communicating, networking, learning, and sharing their experience with others. MJWellness will tell you about the three most important medical cannabis events that will be held in September.
Nowadays, cerebral palsy is the most common motor illness among children. It is characterized by impairment or loss of muscle coordination and body movement. According to the official statistics, this incurable condition affects three live births out of every thousand in the United States.
To keep kids away from cannabis, Colorado’s Health Department has devised a new strategy. According to the new approach, adults should talk to kids and explain to them the dangers of underage marijuana consumption.
The decision of the DEA to leave cannabis listed as a Schedule I drug made lots of cannabis enthusiasts disappointed. However, the U.S. government made it significantly easier for researchers to conduct studies on cannabis and its compounds, as it allowed more marijuana manufacturers to grow weed for studies.
The “munchies” effect of cannabis is well-known. However, until recently, it had been unclear what exactly (and how) induced appetite. A new study found that the cannabis compound Cannabigerol (CBG) is the one that makes you feel like eating everything in your fridge.
Every day, you are faced with about 700 synthetic chemicals. Some of them are relatively innocuous, while others can be really harmful to your health. These chemicals are found in your daily environment, including air, water, and food.
Marijuana plants are full of useful compounds, but average consumers pay attention to only two cannabinoids: cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The main difference between the two of them is that CBD does not provide users with such a mood-altering effect as THC does.
Bone diseases are painful and debilitating. Every day, osteoporosis and osteoarthritis make the lives of thousands of people miserable. The first one affects our bones in such a way that they can break even after a small fall. The latter causes us to ache from every movement.
Medical marijuana is believed to provide numerous health benefits. When used correctly, it can help you calm your mind or boost your motivation, make your body more sensitive or ease severe pain. But is there anything marijuana can do for people with poor lung health?
About 90% of transplant surgeries are successful. But what happens to the other 10%? These few unfortunates have their bodies attacking the new part. Since transplant surgery was introduced in the 1960s, medicine has been facing the problem of transplant rejection.
Cannabis-infused topicals are very effective against muscle pain. Weed contains plenty of powerful anti-inflammatory compounds and nutritious antioxidants. When you apply cannabis directly to your skin, you can get all these benefits in a specific area.
People have been using hemp root for thousands of years. It has been applied both as an effective medical treatment and as an additive to gunpowder, lye, and rope. Hemp root was used since time immemorial; despite this, it remains illegal in most states.
Have you ever used a cannabis topical? If the answer is “no,” it is time to experience the magic properties of weed topicals. Marijuana can help you with soothing your scalp, improving your skin condition, and reducing inflammation processes.
Since medical marijuana is legalized in many states, scientists are doing their best to find out the answers to such questions as “Does marijuana help diabetes?”, “Can weed help anorexia?”, and many others. Today, we will find out whether anorexia can be treated with marijuana.
If you want to be aware of the latest scientific findings in the medical benefits of cannabis, MJWellness has collected the top 10 marijuana-related studies released in 2016 that exemplify the healing properties of the herb.
Since marijuana is almost mainstream right now, the scientists are trying to pay attention to every aspect of its use. Recently, the researchers from the New York University's Center for Drug Use and HIV Research have published a new study on sexual experiences related to the use of alcohol and marijuana.